PAX: Ballcock, Conroy, Crack, Dwight, Joker, Shingles, Squid, Toothless, Zima
After posting a few times at The Yacht Club during my family’s stay on Hilton Head Island, I felt the need to visit my good friends in Bluffton on Saturday (it’s been a while). So I got online, perused the new website (love it) and noticed the Q slot was open. Another opportunity to Q at MOB for YHC, I grabbed it. You see, we’ve been coming to Hilton Head Island for years now and I actually had the opportunity to attend one of y’alls launch workouts a few years back. Always love the energy of the PAX down here and I can say it was the same this past Saturday morning.
0620 Arrival and did a quick recon of the grounds (Google Maps can only show so much)
0625 Meet and greet with arriving PAX
0630 THANG (not a professional, seriously not a professional, etc.)
Mosey to the other side of the school for COP
- SSH X25 IC
- Merkins X15 IC
- Imperial Walkers X15 IC
- Low Slow Squat X20 IC
- Mountain Climbers X25 IC
- BombJacks (Starjacks) X10 OYO
Mosey to the School Drop off area for a reverse pyramid. This would be the “meat and potatoes” of the workout. The object is to complete the exercise and rep count, run a lap, and then start on the next exercise until the following has been completed.
- 100 Squats
- 80 LBCs
- 60 Mountain Climbers (2-count)
- 40 Merkins
- 20 Burpees
- 40 BombJacks (Starjacks) – Crowd Pleaser
- 60 Monkey Humpers
- 80 Flutter Kicks (2-count)
- 100 SSH
Mosey to another area of the school for wall sit series
WALL SITS: PAX grab some wall and then each PAX down the line runs to the opposing wall and back in turn. PAX stay in wall sit position until everyone has completed a run. Recover. Repeat series but instead of sprints, each PAX completes 5 jump squats.
Mosey to the basketball courts
- Series 1: Standard suicide runs on basketball court but PAX complete 10 BombJacks every time they get to the baseline.
- Series 2: Same as above but PAX complete 7 Jump Squats every time they get to the baseline.
Dwight mentioned something about lunges. Walk to center court and circle up for…
LT DANs: 1 Squat/4 Lunge count increasing until you get to 10/40 (Sounds simple but this is a leg crusher)
We had a few minutes left so we finished off with Freddy Mercury’s at 20X IC
Really want to thank the PAX of MOB for making me feel welcome every time I come down. Sorry to miss Gambit, Stones, Judge Judy and a few other “founders” of MOB. Great meeting all the PAX that came out though. A lot of High Impact Men in the region. If you’re ever in Charlotte, Fort Mill or Rock Hill, let me know and I’ll give you a “tour” of our AOs in The Fort and The Rock. Here are the rest of my notes.
- Apologies for the leg intensive workout. YHC is nursing a rotator cuff injury at the moment.
- Make a note, BombJacks are Joker’s kryptonite
- Great to see everyone push themselves with the Reverse Pyramid. Not an easy workout.
- Heard some comments about guys getting better since they first came out. Love hearing it and that’s the idea.
- I’ll be back down later in the year and will definitely be coming out
- 8/19 Bobcat Scorcher 5K (contact Joker for details)
- 8/19 2ndF Sandbar Day (contact Peaches for details)
- 8/26 Launch convergence for The Anchor AO in Beaufort…EVERYONE needs to come!
PRAISE AND PRAYERS
- Pray for Joker’s friend Ryan who just lost his wife and baby in a car accident
- Praise for the men in this group as they lift each other up
- Pray for travel mercies for Zima’s M this week
Always an honor gentlemen. Until next time.