This Workout is dedicated to Kristina Louise Hamilton Hicks, my mother.
Conditions: 50 degrees and perfect
PAX: Yo-Yo Ma, Cowbell, Ball Cock, Joker, Ray, Coach K, Dabo, Gov’na, Urkel (QIC)
Disclaimer: Don’t hurt yourself
- SSH IC x 41 (The number of years my parents have been married)
- T TT IC x 20 (The number of years I lived in the same house as my parents)
- I mperial Walkers IC x 20
- N olan Ryans x 20 OYO
- A lternating Shoulder Taps IC x 20
- “Oh hang its” – Hang from the pull-up bar to the count of 5 and then do a pull up (“Oh hang it!” was an expression that I remember my mother using a lot when I was a kid. This was my attempt at placing this in exercise form)
- Partner up for a
DORAMOMMA (Since my Mom is the Bomb let’s do BOMBS)
- As a pair you will do:
- 64 Burpees (Mom is turning 64 today)
- 100 Overhead claps
- 150 Merkins
- 200 BBSU’s
- 250 Squats
- One PAX is running the near loop around the parking lot while the other does the exercises. When the running PAX returns, switch and pick up where the exercising PAX left off.
- One easy cool down mosey around the near side of the parking lot
When I was younger my brother and I would fight, a lot. My mother got very tired of it and offered to pay each of us $10 if we could go a week without fighting. We managed to pull it off. After that week, while we did fight periodically, we never fought again with the frequency that we had previously. In the interest of showing a spirit of peacefully working together, the PAX will call exercises until we get to time.
- Yo-Yo – 5 Burpees OYO
- Cowbell – 10 Merkins OYO
- Ball Cock – Backscratchers IC x 20
- Joker – AirHumpers IC x 20
- Ray – Flutters IC x 20
- Coach K – American Hammers IC x 20
- We are encouraging the PAX from Bluffton to make the trek out to the island for a workout each month, and encouraging the PAX on the island to make the trek to Bluffton for a workout each month. We would like to foster a greater sense of unity within F3 Lowcountry.
- Sell signs for P200 sponsorships.
- Working on a “Pain Stations of the Cross” workout, stay tuned for more details.
- Prayers for Food Stamps mother
- I am always looking for a new way to approach a Q, I thought dedicating one to my mother would be a creative approach.
- I am very thankful to my mother for so many things. She spent many hours in my younger years in prayer for my future and for that I am very grateful. Also, her birthday and Christmas gifts are the reason that I have nice rucking gear. If your mom is still a part of your life, give her a call or talk to her. If she isn’t, spend a few moments thinking about her.
- Yo-Yo’s Burpee form is greatly improving, his squats still have room to grow.
- Joker is pushing through a lot of physical challenges, but he is not backing down. T-claps!
- Ball Cock expected cake this morning. Sorry to disappoint, maybe next time.
- One day I will Q a workout that will make Ray and Coach K break a sweat.
- Cowbell killed it out there today!
- Gov’na has a wonderful F3 Name, Joker greatly approved.
- I added the extra loop around the parking lot just to up the mileage a bit. Dabo approved, Joker did not.