PAX: Smog, Cockaboose, Hermanos, Homer, Coo Coo Ca Choo, Yo-Yo Ma, Urkel (QIC)
Conditions: The flag was blowing like crazy, but the temps were great. Heavy cloud cover with the (not quite full) moon poking through.
- Mosey or Ruck for 45 minutes
- Ruckers got in 2.5 miles
Thanks to Walk-Off, YHC obtained 2 6 x 6 timbers one 8′ and one 12′. With the help of the tools in Cross Schools’ Mathews Maker Space Lab, these were fashioned in to a very large cross weighing approximately 160 lbs.
- Carry the cross and flag down Pritchard to Bridge to Wharf, stopping at First Zion Baptist Church.
- Urkel reads John 18:29-19:16 – Jesus Condemned to Die
- Carry the cross and flag to the Oyster Factory Park
- While wearing Rucks, Merkin ladder to 11
- 1 Merkin at the light post
- 2 Merkins at the bottom of the boat ramp
- 3 Merkins at the light post
- 4 Merkins at the bottom of the boat ramp
- 5 Merkins at the light post (At this point, the rain is just beginning and Smog realizes that the top is down on his convertible. We are down to 6)
- 6 Merkins at the bottom of the boat ramp
- 7 Merkins at the light post
- 8 Merkins at the bottom of the boat ramp
- 9 Merkins at the light post
- 10 Merkins at the bottom of the boat ramp
- 11 Merkins at the light post
- Carry the cross and flag up Wharf to Bridge to Calhoun to Bluffton United Methodist Church
- Hermanos reads Mark 15:21-32 – Jesus Placed on the Cross
- Carry the cross and flag across the street to the Bluff
- While wearing Rucks, Lt. Dan
- 1 Squat – 4 Lunges
- 2 Squats – 8 Lunges
- 3 Squats – 12 Lunges
- 4 Squats – 16 Lunges
- 5 Squats – 20 Lunges
- 6 Squats – 24 Lunges
- 7 Squats – 28 Lunges
- 8 Squats – 32 Lunges
- 9 Squats – 38 Lunges
- 10 Squats – 40 Lunges
- Move to the cross in the courtyard of The Church of the Cross
- Cockaboose reads Luke 23:36-44 – Jesus on the Cross
- Quick hydration stop
- Carry the cross and flag down Calhoun to Lawrence to DuBois Park
- Billy and Benny with Rucks
- Pax pair up
- On their 6 with feet together
- One PAX does a BBSU while holding a ruck
- Pass the Ruck to partner
- Partner does a BBSU while holding a ruck
- Repeat 15 times
- Carry cross and flag down Lawrence to Boundary to a spot between Campbell Chapel AME Church and Cornerstone Church
- Homer reads Matthew 27:46-54 – Jesus’s Death
- Carry cross and flag down Boundary to Bruin to Pritchard and back to the #MOB
- Photo with all finishing PAX
- Load the cross back on the trailer
- Total 2.25 miles traveled under the “log”
COR, NOR, Announcements:
- SPOILER ALERT – Jesus doesn’t stay dead. Visit any church this Sunday for more!
- I have been wanting to do this one since last Good Friday. I bounced the idea off many people with mixed enthusiasm, but finally decided to go for it. You have to start somewhere.
- It was great to have Homer join up from F3 Rock Hill. He saw it on Twitter and was in the area for Spring Break.
- Huge thanks to Walk-Off for providing me with the raw materials to make our cross.
- This was not easy, but when you compare it to what has been done for us, it was nothing.
- Please take some time to remember what Jesus did for us and enjoying the freedom we have in Him.
- Yo-Yo and I did a mile before 0515 to get an EC warm-up done.
- Textbooks make great Ruck Weights!
- I am honored that 5 PAX took time out of their morning to do this with me.
- This will be back next year, we will see how things go!
- We visited 4+ Churches, Read a passage from each of the 4 Gospels, and Got in 3 Workouts. 1st F, 2nd F, and 3rd F!