Conditions: We are truly blessed to live where we do. Ideal conditions – mid-60’s with just a little humidity. Dark. No breeze.
PAX: Radar, Snipe, Cookies, Spaulding, Hermanos, Brutus, Schnitzel, and Smog (QIC).
Disclaimer: I still don’t know what I am doing. Proceed with caution and your own risk. Modify as necessary.
Warm Up in Cadence
- 25 SSH
- 20 Don Quixote
- 20 TTT
- 15 Michael Phelps
- 10 Mountain Climbers
- 10 Alternating Shoulder Taps
Mosey to the elementary school
- 30 Flutters
- Bear Crawl to the path
- Mosey to the Rec Center
- Dealers’ Choice – High Knees or Butt Kickers to the basketball court
Thing 1: Ciabatta – 20 seconds of exercise, 10 seconds of rest. Supposed to be 8 reps, but we got in 4 due to operator error.
- American Hammers
Mosey to the barricades on Wilborn Rd
Thing 2: Partner up for Modified Dora with one partner running to the barricade while the other chips away at the reps.
- 50 Burpees
- 100 Plank Jacks
- 150 Squats
Indian Run back to the flag. 10 BBSU each time we cycle through the PAX. Ran out of time, so we got in three sets before completing an Indian Run to the flag. Total distance was 2 miles.
- 20 Flutters
- Brutus has a full plate at work. Lots of stress headed his way. Keep him on your prayer list.
- Hermanos’ three sisters-in-law are expecting in early June. Something like 300 grandkids for his in-laws now. Not really, but there are lot. Prayers for their health as they enter the home stretch.
- Spaulding reminded us that local kids are into their final weeks of school. Prayers for their continued health and safety.
- This Q thing is a learning process. First time I came up 6 minutes short. This time, I had no time left for Mary. Need to keep an eye on the watch and distance back to the flag to make sure I get a balanced workout.
- Everyone, including Brutus, was a few minutes early. Nice job.
- Spaulding introduced us to a new exercise called the Latrine. Done on your own. Standing one count – not a sitting two count.
- Snipe gave his all, then dug deep and found some more. I was inspired by his strong finish when he had nothing left.
- For the safety of the PAX, Brutus needs to lay off the beans.
- As I travel for work and post across F3 Nation, I will continue to bring new exercises back to The Brig and The Yacht Club.
- This group of men pushes me to be better and I hope to return the same to the group. I waited way to long to Q and would be happy to co-Q with anyone reluctant to pop their cherry. Looking forward to Schnitzel’s on May 20th.
That’s all I got. Smog out.