PAX: Peaches, Lombardi (respect), Buckeye – QIC
3 PAX gathered around the VSF at safe distances for a Saturday morning routine.
Conditions: Mid 60’s and pleasant
Disclaimer: YHC is not paid, trained, and lacks skill, you are exercising at your own risk and stay the heck away from each other.
Buckeye’s typical Saturday morning extended warm-up routine consisting of:
- Side Straddle Hops, Little Arm Circles Forward/Backward, Air Presses, Imperial Walkers, Tempo Merkins, Plank Jacks, Thru The Tunnel, and Copperhead Squats
PAX mosey down the paved path and stop at the benches for a round of 11’s consisting of Dips and Derkins.
More moseying down Pritchard and then the PAX hooks a left on Bruin, down to Calhoun and down Lawrence to the well manicured Martin Family Park for:
10 x 10 x 10
10 exercises for 10 reps in rapid succession led by YHC:
- Smurf Jack x 10 IC
- Jump Squat x 10 OYO
- V-Up x 10 OYO
- Lunge x 10 IC
- Merkin x 10 IC
- Seal Jack x 10 IC
- Speed Skater x 10 OYO
- Starburst x 10 on my command
- Merkin x 10 IC (YHC thought we missed one exercise so we did merkins again, however, after further review no planned exercises were missed so this routine was actually 11 x 10 x 10)
- Slow Crunchy Frog x 10 IC
- Burpee x 5 IC, Burpee x 5 OYO as fast as you can
and a Ten Count completes 11 x 10 x 10
PAX bear crawl half way across the park to the park exit and gather at a safe distance on the street for:
Quick 1 mile run around the block followed by Thru The Tunnel x 10 IC
PAX make their way over to YHC’s favorite pull-up bars to have themselves a few 6-packs:
- The Peache’s Natty Light 6-Pack: 1 pull-up followed by 5 finger-tip merkins, 2 pull-ups / 4 finger-tip merkins and so forth.
- The Bud Heavy 6-Pack: 1 pull-up followed by 5 burpees, 2 pull-ups / 4 burpees and so forth.
- The Peache’s Natty Light Pink Lemonade 6-Pack: 1 pull-up followed by 5 mary catherine’s each leg, 2 pull-ups / 4 mary catherine’s and so forth.
- The IPA Variety 6-Pack: b/c this one is going to hurt in the morning: 1 pull-up : 5 tarantulas, 2 pull-ups : 4 4x4s, 3 pull-ups : 3 prisoner cell merkin burpees, 4 pull-ups : 2 8-count body builders, 5 pull-ups : 1 double merkin burpee
- 60 pull-ups in total performed and zero beers consumed.
PAX mosey back towards the AO, lunge walk across the bridge, and circle up at safe distances are the VSF for:
SSH x 10 IC, burpee x 1 OYO, SSH x 9 IC, burpee x 2 OYO, SSH x 8 IC, burpee x 3 OYO, SSH x 7 IC, burpee x 4 OYO and DONE!
-The sand gnats, as expected for this time of year, were not practicing social distancing.
-Peaches and YHC found time during the moseys this AM to discuss their favorite podcast, The Jocko Podcast of course.
-T-Claps to Lombardi who has 8 members of his gym coming out to the AO at 10:00am where he will lead them in his second workout for the morning. #HIM #beast.
-YHC finished up the WO with a short shout-out about gaining some perspective at these times and not taking for granted our abilities to move about freely. YHC also has gained a greater appreciation for his 2.0s teachers. If this past week has taught YHC one thing, is that an elementary school teacher he was not meant to be. Stay sharp gentlemen both physically and mentally and LEAD your families through these challenging times so that we might all become better on the other side of this.